Dear Club Solaris Guest,
According to the new CDC announcement, starting November 8, the U.S. Government will require anyone traveling into the United States to provide COVID-19-related documentation and contact tracing information.
For U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, and Immigrants:
If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status) before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
- Fully vaccinated: The viral test (antigen or PCR test) must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 24 hour before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Not fully vaccinated: The viral test (antigen or PCR test) must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 24 hour before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you do not show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
If you're not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, or an immigrant, your requirements for entry are different please contact your government embassy for further details.
To All Air Passengers Entering Canada
Exemptions for fully vaccinated travelers
If you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler you are:
- Required to show a pre-entry molecular test
- Required to use ArriveCAN
- Required to take an arrival test if selected
- Exempt from quarantine
- Exempt from Day-8 testing
All travelers are eligible to enter Canada if they qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler regardless of citizenship.
Canadians are always eligible to enter Canada but must complete testing requirements and mandatory quarantine if they do not qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler.
A pre-entry molecular test is required for all travelers. A rapid antigen test will not be accepted.
Check if you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler to Canada, you must:
- Have received at least 2 doses of a Government of Canada-accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a mix of 2 accepted vaccines or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Have received your second dose at least 14 full days before the day you enter Canada
- Upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test result)
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
If you do not qualify for the fully vaccinated traveler exemption, you may still be able to enter Canada.
Find out if you can enter Canada
You will also need to fill this form
and give it to your airline.
Upon further review Aeromexico airlines, is no longer validating the tests made at our resorts to travel abroad, we would like to recommend you to take them outside at a Farmacias del Ahorro or Salud Digna labs, this new measurement is outside of The Solaris Resorts and we can´t provide a refund, since this service is complimentary for members.
The COVID-19 antigen test, are FREE for Club Solaris guests (www.clubsolaris.com) upon a 5 night stay, Regular guest that reserve their rooms throght clubsolaris.com or the Club Solaris callcenter.
To ensure compliance with this new requirement, we would like to inform you about the measures that Club Solaris has included in its All Care Inclusive Protocols in order to help our guests to plan their stay safe and secure.
- COVID-19 ANTIGEN FIA TEST accepted by the CDC will be administered at our resorts at no cost for all guests traveling back to USA or any other country (confirmations made prior to November 26th). As of November 27th a $10 USD fee will apply for stays of 4 night or less.
- For guests who reserverved throght clubsolaris.com or Club Solaris Call Center, and traveling back to USA or any other country who accepts the COVID-19 ANTIGEN FIA TEST approved by the CDC, the ANTIGEN test will be administered on our resorts at no cost for up to 2 persons per room with a 5 night minimum stay. 4 nights stay or less and/or additional test has an extra cost of $10 USD per person.
- COVID-19 PCR test will be provided at an additional cost which varies depending on the destination selected to travel:
Cabo $95 USD per test, per person. Tests will be performed by GA Laboratories. The guest must request an appointment at least upon arrival and no later than one day before the departure date. The test will be done in the guest´s room once the appointment is pre-confirmed within the following schedule:
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm
Test results will be delivered the same day of your sample being taken. Tests can be done after hours however they are processed and delivered the next day. After hour tests have an extra cost of $ 50 USD
Cancun $110 USD per test, per person. Upon check-in, the guest must request an appointment with the medical services desk inside the hotel, to schedule the day and time for the test.
- Upon check-in, the guest must request an appointment with the medical services desk inside the hotel, to schedule the day and time for the test.
- All Tests will carry out by a specialized medical service and certified by the competent authorities for their correct application and safety, results can be ready in less than 24 hours.
- Since this service is performed through an external provider within our facilities, you must pay cash in dollars or pesos. Credit or debit cards are not accepted to pay this test.
- If any guest results in a positive case, preventing departure, Club Solaris will proceed with the application of protocols to take care of the guest as follow:
Both Cancun and Cabo:
a) If a guest presents at check-in a Negative Antigen or PCR test taken with no more than 24 hours from check-in and has a stay of 3 or more nights at any Club Solaris Resort and their test prior to departure results positive, Club Solaris will give as a courtesy a 3 nights/ 4 Days stay at our hotels or another resort assigned by Club Solaris. This courtesy is for immediate use and it is not transferable or refundable.
b) If a guest receives a positive test while on property and didn’t present a Negative Test at their check-in , the hotel will give them a preferential rate of $50 USD per person per night in double or triple occupancy and $95 USD per night in single occupancy.
c) Cabo: If a guest receives a positive test while on property, they must stay in the destination. Royal Solaris will support our clients with 3 nights / 4 days days of stay in a different hotel and one way transfer to the hotel assigned.
During this period of time either in Cancún or Los Cabos your mobility will be restricted to your room, or you will not be allowed to leave or move to other areas of the hotel.
If you want to move out of the hotel to another property or a vacation rental apartment to pass your quarantine, we will assist you in finding such accommodation. Always payed by the guest. A certificate will be issued to the guest for the unused nights of their stay.
* Conditions subject to change without prior notice. Restrictions apply.
** We reserve the right of admission